Want a Good, Fast, or Affordable Website Designer?
Service industry experts says you can only have two. AthensGuy.com is small business website design, web development, and web hosting company. With AthensGuy.com, you get all three.
Find out why AthensGuy.com is different.
We Respond within 24 Hours
"I want a website company who doesn't just say they want my business but actually act like they want my business." We really want your business.
CUSTOM WEB DESIGN
- Affordable Website Designer
- Custom Functionality
- Search Engine Optimization
Only $60 per hour
MANAGED WEB HOSTING
- Edit Website from Any Web Browser
- Dozens of Website Tools
- Even Keep Your Existing Design
Only $24.99 per Month
- Customized to Your Needs
- Access from Anywhere
- Converting Old Databases
$90 per Hour
Will It Be Easy To Manage?Testimonial from Active Customer:
"Cynthia and Patrick added a fabulous ecommerce package that I can manage very easily and so can my staff. The features are perfectly suited to my business. Questions are answered promptly and correctly and problems
rarely occur. Working with AthensGuy.com Web Design has been a wonderful experience. They spent time learning about my business, listening to what I wanted and made great suggestions about how to make my site more functional, user friendly and easier to administrate. I've recommended AthensGuy.com to everyone who has asked me about my site or complained about theirs!", Callie Waller - Bulldog Baskets - http://www.bulldogbaskets.com [Read more testimonials]
Affordable Website Designer for Small Business, Church, and Organizations
AthensGuy.com is professional, affordable small business website design and web hosting company located in Athens, Georgia. We have designed websites for over 200 small businesses and organizations. Most of our clients are here in the Athens area but we have customers as far away as New York and California. We take a friendly, result focused, and methodical approach to website development. Our primary goal is insuring you get what you need for your website.
- Small Business Website Design Company
- Results Focused Website Development
- Professional Customer Management - never waiting and wondering
- Experienced Program Development - software developer with over 20 years of relevant experience
- Web Design Process in which You are involved from beginning to end
- Free form graphic design for unique designs - no website design templates
- Search Engine Optimization from the initial web design to optimize search engine placement
- Domain registration and management
- Development of Custom Database Applications unique to your needs
- Ecommerce website development
- Affordable website designer
Web Hosting with Life Time Support
Instead of outsourcing the web hosting, we manage our customers' website on web servers we build and manage ourselves. That's one of our primary advantages over our competitors. Web design is the first step but when it comes to the life time of a website, dependable web hosting is crucial. You can depend on our web hosting and a life time of support from AthensGuy.com.
How do I start the website process?
Your web partner should ask you a lot of questions about your small business or service. They should try to identify your target market and required functionality before artistic elements. That should give them the information necessary to provide you an estimate for their services.
How do web design companies charge?
There is not standard in the industry. Some designers offer "packages" that you choose from to best meet your small business website design needs. Some charge per page. Some offer a quote on the entire project. Some charge by the hour. Some bill for the services rendered upon initial completion of your new website. Some forgo the design fee for a very high monthly service fee (over $75) and require a lengthy contract. While this no-money down upfront scheme may sound attractive, you will probably end up paying much more in the long term.
After a lot of consideration, we came up with the most honest, upfront, and consistent pricing we could: we charge for our time only, $60 an hour. We are an affordable website designer, and you will still get what you want.
What does a website usually cost?
There are great differences in how much web designers from the same area with similiar talents charge. Why? Because they can! Services will sell for what people are willing to pay for them.
You can often get a small starter site for a few hundred dollars. On average you can expect to pay from $600-$10,000 for a standard business website. Whether or not the small business website designer has a store front in a commercial district can mean the difference between a $10,000 and $2,000 fee for a similar website product.
We run our business out of a home office and are very proficient at what we do. As a result, our customers enjoy great service, professional websites, and lower prices.
What is a content management system?
This is a database that runs behind your small business website and allows you to update and manage the site. This is a great advantage for you – giving you control of the content to your website. A good content manager is a WYSISYG (What You See Is What You Get) program that allows you to edit the website using an icon based menu (similar to Microsoft Word) and it converts your information into html (language for websites).
Here's more information about our content management system.
Do I need a content management system?
Without the advantage of a content manager, you will need to contact your web designer every time you want to make a small change. Or you will have to learn FTP protocols and buy a software program like Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Neither of these solutions are very user-friendly and usually leave the customer feeling frustrated. So if you can find a web designer with a good content manager, you will probably be much more satisfied in the long run.
How long does it take to set up a website?
Usually 3-6 weeks, although this depends on your needs and the schedule of the designer. There is usually a "design" phase, a "setup" phase, and a "content entry" phase.
Here's our web design process
- The design phase allows time for you and the designer to work out the overall look of the site.
- The setup phase is when the designer takes the approved design and creates an actual website.
- The content entry phase is when all the information is entered into your website and search engine optimization is done.
What is a domain name?
Your domain name is your address on the Internet. Something like: google.com. It’s how people reach your website.
What does a domain cost?
The cost of the domain varies per company. $20 per year is an average cost.
Who should register my domain?
All Internet domains are registered through a world-wide non-profit oversight organization called ICANN.
Ideally, your web partner should register your domain for you since they will be managing the website for you. They should be in a better position to manage your annual domain renewal for ICANN.
Watch out though! Some providers are unethical regarding the domain ownership. Make sure that you own the domain and are not merely leasing it. The question to ask your potential domain provider is “Can I transfer my domain away at any time without a charge?” Transfers do not cost the “losing” provider any money so they shouldn’t stop you or charge you.
We register domains for our customers throught this domain registration interface.
What is hosting?
Hosting includes all the computer services to keep your website and email accounts up and running on the public world-wide Internet.
What should I look for in a hosting company?
Obviously, there are many things you can look for to match your needs. But some thing should ask your web partner…
We're experts at web hosting for small businesses and churches.
- Do they host the website themselves or do they outsource the service to someone else. Ideally you want a web partner who provides the hosting themselves.
- Do they backup your website? How do they do it and how often? You would prefer it to be backed up to a separate server in a different geographic region every night and viewable online (so you yourself can verify the backup.) Backups are not always restorable so make sure all backups are tested – not just on occasion.
- What is their uptime and downtime? Ask them if their numbers include planned downtime for upgrades. If not, ask what their total downtime was over the past year including maintenance. If they can’t generate specific dates and times, they aren’t measuring it.
- What is their policy on emergencies? If your website is down, do you know how to contact them?
I already have a website but it's not an effective marketing tool. What will help?
We have a list of the top fourteen marketing tips that can really assist you reach your website marketing goals.
What does web hosting cost?
As with most services, there is a broad range. You can pay anywhere from $5/month to $50/month or more. Be careful of the low end hosting. You may feel like you will save money, but their uptime and server performance may not be satisfactory. Or they may charge extra for additional features that end up making your final cost higher than expected.
What is SEO - Search Engine Optimization?
This is all the tools and methods used to help your website be recognized by the search engines (like Google, Yahoo and MSN) and be easily located by people using search engines.
I got an email from a company saying they can make my website #1 for $75/month. Should I get in touch with them?
This is a common marketing ploy that is rarely successful. What phrase are they making your website #1 for, and is it a phrase that anyone is even searching for? Usually not! Be wary and talk to your web designer / web hosting partner before paying anyone claiming to make you #1 overnight!
We have more detailed information for search engine optimization.
Recent Project Highlight:
Zombie Farms the Dark Trail
Our Website Design Portfolio includes:
- Small Business Website Design
- Christian Web Design
- Ecommerce Store Development
- Small Business Advertising Directories
- Music Performer Audio Downloads
- Photographer Galleries
- Real Estate listings for Realtors
- Custom Database Development
- Website Design Athens GA
- Christian Ministry Web Design
- Georgia Small Government Websites
- UGA Sororities in Athens, GA
- Small Business Networking
- Athens Web Design
- Church Calendar Software
- All Updates
- Small Business Website Design