How To Find a Web Designer You Can Trust
Talk is cheap. If you really want to know how reliable a company is going to be, you have to do a little research. The harder it is for you to obtain the information you need to choose your new provider, the bigger indication it should be that you have something to worry about.
Here are some basic questions you should ask yourself and your potential web service provider:
Who trusts this company with their online presence?
- Can you see the service provider's customers? Why not?
- Are there links back to the service provider from the customer's website?
- Does the service provider have public testimonials?
- Can you trace the testimonials to real people who you can call?
- If the testimonial were from American Idol, would it sound like something Simon, Randy or Paula said?
- Do you know who they are? Names, faces, and experience?
- Will support be over email, telephone or face-to-face?
- Are they fulltime?
- Are they profitable?
- Are they at risk to the ups and downs of the market cycles?
- How long have they been doing this?
- Testimonials might not cut it because not everyone has a talent (or the resources) to monitor their website. You need proof. Preferably from a third party.
- Do they publish downtimes, hide it, or not even know?
- When do they perform server maintenance?
- What type of maintenance do they usually perform?
- Exactly how many times was their website down last year?
- Do they assume full responsibility for outages? Or do they blame external web hosting providers, datacenters, network providers, or the weather?
- Do you have to talk to a salesman/saleswoman to find out their price structure?
- Are they charging you based on how thick your wallet is or are their fees consistent from customer to customer?
So what about AthensGuy.com, the web design and web hosting company?
- We are affordable - usually around $2000-$5000 for a custom web design.
- We always return your phone call within 24 business hours.
- We always respond to your emails within 24 business hours.
- We focus on supporting you and your website for the lifetime you keep it with us. It's not just about the initial web design for us. We host the websites as well so we love to update it when you don't have time to.
- We are open about who we work with - just browse our portfolio and see for yourself.
|Business Marketing Tips
Written By: AthensGuy.com
Marketing for the Little Guy
9 Tips for Avoiding Waste and Maximizing Your Marketing Budget
As a small business you have fewer resources to throw around so you have to wear many different hats. You probably don’t have a lot of time to wear your marketing hat. So when you do wear it, your marketing effort has to be straightforward and, more importantly, it has to create immediate results. The problem with most marketing instruction you can pick up in bookstores is that it’s written for and by corporate consultants who work with million dollar advertising budgets and have years to produce results. If you’ve got sacks of money sitting around and lots of time to wait, stop reading now. Most of us “little guys” need results, need them yesterday, and need them to be cost effective.
Target Audience: Small Business Owners and Managers.
Click to read
What Is Your Website Missing?
... when effectiveness is what you seek.
Whether you operate a small business, non-profit organization, or even a church, your website should be a tool to fulfilling your organizational needs and not a standalone requirement.
Target Audience: Anyone With a Website.
Click to read
|Testimonial from Bill
You have demonstrated an exceptional ability to understand my desires with this website, work under tight deadlines, and craft a visually impressive website. You have chosen excellent software which allows me the ability to edit on-the-fly virtually all parts of our website. I find this (content management system) both powerful and very easy to use.
Premiere Hot Tubs of Austin